Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pork Chop the chicken

One of our broilers, I call him pork chop because he is HUGE, broke his leg. I didn't really know at first....but this is day 3 of him laying there and I was really concerned. The broilers do lay down from time to time because they are hot and need to rest....but I was still worried. I had Mr.Smith look at him and he said it is definitely a broken leg. :( I know he is food but I still feel a little bad for the guy. He was supposed to live another 3.5 weeks and then get eaten. I followed advice and took their food away at night so we wouldn't run into this....Pork Chop just got to big to fast. So Mr. Smith is going to be butchering him tomorrow. There is no way to mend a fat chicken's leg....I checked. We have to wait 12 hours to get his system cleaned out before we butcher him. They can have water, but no food. Well at least we get a practice run at this before we do the rest of the flock. We are still REALLY NEW at this!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment