Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden work

Got my last wave of sweet corn in over the weekend. Broccoli is starting to sprout heads, green beans within the 3 sisters are starting to climb the corn stalks, tomatoes are flowering and kidney beans are forming! :D Still have a lot to do to catch up and since it will be nicer out tonight, Mr. Smith and I will have to plant more transplants and get the peas growing upwards to grow more pea pods. I need to seed the cucumber pickles yet and in about 2-3 weeks it will be time to start seeding the fall crops. Well the fall broccoli and so on. crazy how fast the season goes. Onions are starting to flower so I can get their seeds? Which will be nice so I don't have to buy more seeds.

The layers are getting a little more courageous and started to look outside and thinking of going outside....soon they will be out there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment