Friday, June 24, 2011

Blueberry season has begun!

So as strawberry season closes, blueberry season opens! we have gotten 20 blueberries in the past 2 days...my kids are running by and eating them right off the bush :) We definitely need to get more blueberry bushes this fall.

Only 2 more weeks till its time to butcher the other 24 broilers.

I also found more room to plant another 2 waves of corn. The 1st wave is already making nice looking corn and the 2nd wave should soon be following! So this weekend I plan to plant the other wave of corn and in 3 weeks plant the final wave of corn. I counted backwards from the 1st frost date, using the harvest days on the pack of the seed packet and gave myself an extra week in case October decides to be extra cold so we can still get more corn! Our first potato greens have started to wither and dry...meaning about time to dig up those potatoes! I am so excited...it seems like everything is moving smoothly and we shall see how long this lasts us. My zucchini and pumpkins have begun to flower and the broccoli is growing insanely! I will have to add pictures soon....we had a crazy week and have ignored my garden for the past 4 days....it has surprised me in that time...and also exploded with weeds. :(

1 comment:

  1. We are excited to come over and see all of the food growing in your garden!

    ReplyDelete