Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Broilers are getting beefy!

We have had the chickens for 4 weeks now.
Look at the size difference between the broilers (left) and the layers (right) they are both the same age! The countdown continues! 4 more weeks till they are dinner!! :D I think the broiler is a male....they look like they are going to kiss ha ha ha. Obviously the wall isn't working too well either. They both keep squeezing into each other's sides. We also are going to be switching the broiler's feed in 2 weeks to a game bird feed which is really high in protein to help them do their final 2 week bulk up!

This is our family/farm dog. I love him! <3

I feeling a bit more energetic so hopefully later this evening when it cools down (it is 100 degrees outside right now) then I can do my final wave of corn. My sweet shelling peas are growing some good pods and are already filling with yummy yummy peas :) My one tomato plant has 2 flowers and I have to get the cages out tonight as well and get more string out there for my peas...they are getting so tall. Got another 22 strawberries today :) I am making muffins with them....recipe soon to follow with good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment