Friday, April 8, 2011

1st try at a scarf....didn't quite make it

Here is my attempt at kiddo #3's scarf.
Knitted beautifully, tight and even.

But as you can see its too wide on his neck and too short. Lol well I also used all my orange yarn to make this, so I ran out. So now I am moving onto kiddo #1's scarf which alternates colors. Something new! :D

He is soooo adorable! :D

Here was dinner that night. Turkey drumsticks. I put them on skewers, they had a block of cheese in the middle and turkey meatballs on the outside..they were soooo good we didn't have any left.

Here is it chopped in half. There is an onion in there too.

Here are some homemade corn dogs I made last night. We had a lot of running around to do with kiddo #2's karate and Mr. Smith having work stuff and packing for kiddo #4's road trip with me to a special doctor appt. So instead of buying fast food, made my own version that was easy to eat while driving. It needed a little more salt, the corn part was a little bland. I think by adding 1/2 tsp more it will have more flavor.
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
about 10 hot dogs
oil for deep frying
wooden skewers
Directions:
In a mixing bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and 1/4 oil. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and whisk together until batter is smooth. Heat oil in the deep fryer to 360 degrees. Insert a wooden skewer into each hot dog to make a handle. Holding the skewer, dip each hot dog into the batter, turning to coat thoroughly and evenly. Fry corn dogs in 2-3 batches, for about 3-5 min, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment