Saturday, March 26, 2011

Knitting Failure

After getting all the kiddos in bed, I was looking through my office and I found my knitting needles. Still attached to one needle was a scarf I was trying to make like 2 1/2 years ago while I was pregnant with my 2nd son. Needless to say, I never finished it. Well I tried to cast off and finish it last night and it was unsuccessful and started to unravel, so I just set all that yarn to the side and said I would deal with it later. I was only learning for the 1st time while I was knitting that scarf so it wasn't the greatest looking thing either. So here is my 2nd attempt at knitting, casting on & doing the stiches I relearned from an online video.....but I seem to be doing something wrong. This is row 2 of the stitches and it is frustrating me. It does not look right. So I sent a facebook message to a friend of mine to come over to my house and deal with my slow learning process and show me what I am doing wrong. She has made all of my children a few scarves over the years, which were gorgeous!



Last night while I was making dinner I noticed we had 1/2 a bag of mini marshmellows in my pantry we needed to get rid of and my 2 boys LOVE this ceral so I decided to make cereal bars out of them, since we ran out and could not go grocery shopping for almost another week.

I did not follow a recipe I just threw the marshmellows in the microwave and poured the cereal in a big mixing bowl and mixed the cereal and melted marshmellows.

As you can see they did not fully flatten out....so I am thinking I should of followed a recipe, but my boys have eaten more then 1/2 of this already. So its all good. :)



While I was making those cereal bars....here is what happened to dinner.


As my Dad used to say when my Mom cooked, when the smoke alarm goes off you know dinner is done! HA HA HA I got a little distracted.

So our outside cats got an extra snack.


The rest of dinner went fine. No more burnt food. I made cream of potato soup and cheated and used the can kind and grilled cheese. As you can see one of my cats is enjoying it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment